Thursday, August 8, 2013

Living Our Dream Tour (Part VII) – The Adventure Rider Family Grows!

Living Our Dream Tour (Part VII) – The Adventure Rider Family Grows!

While getting some service on my bike from Alyxmoto we found out that we did not have a part he needed to complete the task (a water pump). Since Alyx does some contract work for Ferndale, BMW, I called ahead and had the part shipped to their location. Alyx asked where I would go while I waited for the pump to arrive (of course this 'part not available during repairs' happened on a Saturday!). I told him we would just look for a campsite. Alyx asked if I was interested in staying on a Blueberry Farm. Blueberrys... Of course! After a few minutes on the phone all the arrangements had been made and I was going to stay with friends of Alyx on the “Eastview Blueberry Farm” [[url]www.facebook.com/pages/Eastview-Blueberry-Farm/173937836006623][/url]. Jasmine and I were guests of Dave, Leah, Peter and Jenny. One of my favorite TV shows is “How Its Made” and now I get the chance to live it and learn where and how blueberries are picked and processed. In addition to this very neat adventurer my wife was once again pampered with a soft bed, hot shower, good food, and internet access – which came in handy to finish an article for 'Girls Biker' magazine.

What made this stay special is that everyone in the family is a GS owner. Dave 1200GS. Peter... 1150GS. Leah... 650GS Twin. Jenny... 650GS Single.










No comments:

Post a Comment