Thursday, August 8, 2013

Living Our Dream Tour (Part V) – BMW MOA International Rally, Salem, OR

Living Our Dream Tour (Part V) – BMW MOA International Rally, Salem, OR

I don’t often go to rally's. I’m not for them, I'm not against them. I usually find myself just missing them or off riding somewhere else when I hear about them. There are a handful that I have made it a point to go to since they specifically target adventure riding (Touratech Rally Germany, Horizions Unlimited – Cambria, CA, and of course the BMW Motorbike Days, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany). So, when my wife's editor asked her to go to the 41st Annual BMW MOA International Rally in Salem, OR, I was very interested to see what it would be like.

Both I and my wife had a great time! The facilities, the vendors, the speakers, the entertainment, the weather & the food all combined to give everybody something to do and see with fellow BMW enthusiasts. It gave us the opportunity to make new friends and meet up with some friends that we have only corresponded with over the internet.

How to properly fit a helmet – Nolan Helmets


The USA counterpart to BMW BIKES Japan – on of the magazines my wife works for


Simon and Lisa Thomas (2ridetheworld.com)

Great food at the BMW MOA

Feeding eveybody!

One of the little bonuses about having the BMW MOA International Rally in Oregon was the “NO Sales Tax” offered on items purchased at the Rally. With the additional savings of “NO Sales Tax” I could not resist the opportunity to upgrade both my and my wife's suspension to Ohlins.


Discussing suspension options with Matt from Ohlins

One of the best seminars I attended was the “ADV Setup for Prime Off-Road Riding” by Jeremy LeBrenton. The information was well presented and very informative. And I never pass up the chance to see “How to Change a Tire Anytime, Anywhere!” by Grant & Susan Johnson.

“ADV Setup for Prime Off-Road Riding” by Jeremy LeBrenton

For my wife, I would say she enjoyed the “Women Who Ride – By Women Riders, for Women Riders” by Heidi Still. My wife not only attended this meeting she was also given the opportunity to speak for a few moments to describe our current adventure.

Samurai-Rider checking out “Women Who Ride – By Women Riders, for Women Riders” by Heidi Stil

Samurai-Rider speaking for a few moments to describe our current adventure

I don't know where we will be next year, but if I have the chance I will definitely attend the 42nd BMW MOA, St. Paul, Minnesota, July 24-27, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment